Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 31

First day of Month 2!

Two days ago I went for my monthly dermatologist appointment.  My bloodwork was good with the exception of my cholesterol being slightly elevated. Nothing to be concerned about at this point.  She could see progress but reiterated that it is really early and not to worry if I continue to see breakouts for a while.  She bumped me up from 40mg to 60mg/day for my remaining 4-5 months (she is leaning towards 5 more).  Today was my first day on 60mg.

My random extreme fatigue is the only side effect that's really bugging me at this point.  It's usually coupled with a headache.  I feel super tired and sleepy and can't really do much of anything when it happens.  Then there are some days I feel pretty great.  So I'll take it in stride.

Other effects...dry lips, flakey face, very very thirsty.  I can still wear my contacts which I'm stoked about (I hate wearing my glasses).

My mom treated me to a pedicure and a haircut with a nice conditioning treatment for my straw like hair.  Thanks Mom!

Looking forward to hopefully seeing some healing this month.  Ready for whatever side effects that 60mg may cause....bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. Hang tough, not as long as it has been...........

    ReplyDelete